Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Highlights


When I look back on 2013 there are a few events that stand out in my mind as the "best of" and my favorite moments throughout the year. 


New York City
At the top of my list is the trip that Andrew and I took to New York in June. This was my first visit to Little Italy (which I loved!) and my first walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. We had such a fun weekend together. I wish I could do it all over again. 


Summer Vacation
In August, we took a little summer vacation with our family in Pennsylvania. It included a day at Spring Lake Beach in New Jersey, a trip to IKEA, mini golf, some relaxing and hanging out together. Just what I needed. 


Finger Lakes Wine Tasting
Denny and Marilyn visited us Mother's Day weekend and we drove to the Finger Lakes for a day of wine tasting, sight seeing and good food. It was a beautiful afternoon and a memorable day spent together. 


Stony Brook
For our 8th wedding anniversary, we took a day trip to Stony Brook State Park, hiked the trails and walked the waterfalls. Such a beautiful setting and hidden jewel to enjoy nature on a hot summer day. 


Home Office Makeover
My biggest project this year was my home office makeover. Andrew and I transformed the entire room from top to bottom. We built a custom desk and I got to try many DIY projects that made the room feel more like "me". I'm so proud of the way it turned out and I love spending time in this new space. 

My favorite highlights involve traveling to fun places and spending time with loved ones. I hope to do more of that in 2014! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!