Monday, December 16, 2013

Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods


There's still plenty of time to whip up some tasty Christmas treats, like chocolate covered pretzels. Perfect for handing out to friends and co-workers. I saw many varieties on Pinterest. 


I decided to use milk chocolate, mint chocolate, and white chocolate chips. The mint chips are my new favorite! Some festive colored sprinkles, jimmies and nonpareils. And of course, a tub of pretzel rods, which actually has about 85 pretzels in it for around $6. I also crushed up some candy canes for an additional topping. 


Start melting the first chocolate over a double boiler (I placed a glass bowl on top of a sauce pan with simmering water) and stir to melt. Once melted, you can remove from heat and re-heat as needed. Dip the pretzels, one by one, tapping off the excess. Add your sprinkles and set on parchment paper to solidify. You can place them in the refrigerator briefly if you need them to set up quickly. I left them on the counter while I worked on the rest and they set pretty well.


Repeat with each type of chocolate and toppings. Aren't they pretty? I ended up making all 85 or so pretzels - I felt like I was in a chocolate factory! 


I packaged them up in cellophane treat bags, 2 per bag, and tied them with a ribbon. I found some great treat bags at Big Lots that came with ribbon and little peppermint circles. 


I wanted to add a personal tag so I printed, stamped and wrote my own, including Luke 2:10-11 at the bottom, "And the angel said unto them, Fear not; for; behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which sill be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." 


I definitely enjoyed trying a couple of these! I may need to make a batch for myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!