Sunday, December 15, 2013

Hutch with Chevron Accents


I embellished the white hutch that now sits in my office with gray and white chevron contact paper. 


I've been seeing stylish rolls of contact paper at places like Marhshall's and TJ Maxx. When I saw a gray and white chevron pattern, I had to get it and knew I would find a use for it. 


This is the hutch we painted white a while ago. It has inlaid squares on the doors, and aways made me think it needed a little something extra. 

It used to sit in our living room.

Before we gave it a full makeover, it used to be green with light wood. 


I simply measured and cut squares for each section of the door, removed the adhesive backing and stuck them on. Instant style and character! 


It adds a modern touch to an otherwise classic looking piece of furniture. Don't you think? Contact paper is handy for a variety of projects. It would be great to add to the back of a bookcase or - call me crazy - you could use it in a closet, powder room or small space as "wallpaper" on an accent wall. How cool would that be? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!