Saturday, August 27, 2011

Peach Banana Smoothie

I have another recipe for those end-of-summer peaches. You know I love smoothies. This is a variation of my strawberry banana smoothie, substituting fresh peaches for frozen strawberries. 


I had 8 peaches in the refrigerator and they were small, so I used all 8. 


Peel the skin with a vegetable peeler (a trick from Mom) and remove pits. They peel even easier when they're cold. 


Roughly slice and add to the blender.


Add one banana, broken into chunks, 1/3 cup plain or vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup orange juice
4-6 ice cubes and blend together until smooth.

I added a mint leaf and sprinkled a little nutmeg on top for garnish (suggested by Mom). Delicious! The peach flavor was subtle but refreshing. Great for breakfast on the go. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!