Thursday, June 2, 2011

Smoothie Time

I love smoothies. They're one of my favorite things. They kinda go hand-in-hand with warm weather, but I like to enjoy them all year long. I don't think I've ever encountered a smoothie that I didn't like. Strawberry. Orange. Banana. Mango. Blueberry. The possibilities are virtually endless.

This is my favorite easiest foolproof smoothie recipe. All you need is a blender and the following: 

Ingredients:
3/4 cup berries (fresh or frozen) I like strawberries
1/3 cup plain yogurt
4-6 ice cubes
1/2 cup orange juice (pulp-free ONLY for me)
1 banana (broken into chunks)


Directions:
Put all ingredients into blender (and put the top on!). Blend until smooth. Try a spoonful. If you want it thinner, add more orange juice. If you want it thicker, add more yogurt. Blend until smooth again. Pour into a glass and enjoy! If you're feeling fancy, add a mint leaf or slice of fruit for garnish. And a straw. Now we're talking. Makes two servings.


I added a twist to the recipe the other day and it was even better. The secret ingredient: 1 kiwi (peeled and sliced). The extra bit of sweetness and was soooo good. 




I always use my beloved red smoothie blender that was a Christmas gift from my Mom and Dad when I was in college. No, I didn't go away to college, I lived at home. But I still had my OWN blender. Which I took with me when I got married. And now it matches my red kitchen. Isn't that a nice story?




So go mix up your own batch of smoothie and enjoy some fruity refreshment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!