Monday, August 1, 2011

Band4Burkes

My sister's husband, Chris, will be starting chemo this week to shrink a large mass recently discovered in his abdomen, diagnosed as B-Cell Lymphoma. The diagnosis was a shock, as I’m sure no one is ever prepared to learn they have something like this. After weeks of tests, waiting, and not knowing for certain what it was, we are thankful that it is treatable. It has been difficult seeing my brother-in-law feel ill, losing weight and not being his usual self. We are confident in the Lord, our Great Physician, to take care of him and get him through this, along with his family. We are fervently asking God to provide all of their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. 

Chris and Lisa have been married for 20 years and have two beautiful kids. My nephew, Elijah, is days away from turning 15, and my niece, Emma, is 10. They are active in their church community and the outpouring of love and support has already been a tremendous blessing. The doctors have recommended 6 chemo treatments over the next 4 months.

I ask for your prayers for the Burke family, my family, as Chris starts this journey. If you would like to read his story and updates you can visit his website, Band4Burkes which also has ways to offer support. I can’t thank you enough for your prayers.  

"Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto Him be glory" Eph 3:20-21a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!