Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fabric Rosette Headbands, Take Two

After being slightly disappointed with my first attempt at making a fabric rosette headband, I decided to try again. This time, with thinner fabric and smaller rosettes. 

I found the perfect stretchy headbands at Ollie's Bargain Outlet for just .79 cents. I wish I bought more than just two packs, because each pack came with two thick ones and two thin ones. The thin headbands are ideal.

I followed the same technique from NatSprat, with the addition of adding mesh/toile for an extra level of embellishment. I love how this one turned out and I've already worn it a few times. 

Photo courtesy of Bethany Chase Photography
Bethany took a great photo while I happened to be wearing my new headband at craft night. I hope it's ok I borrowed this one Bethany, it was waaaaay better than the photos I was trying to take myself. Please visit Bethany's beautiful blog :)

I also made this sweet pink rosette headband for my niece Sydney. I sent it to her along with the button bobby pins.

I was thrilled to see photos of her wearing it on her first day of kindergarten! Sydney and Morgen are getting so big. Aren't they the cutest? I love Morgan's glasses. They both just make me want to squeeze their cheeks and hug them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!