Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Repainted Buffet Hutch

This project has been on my to-do list for a few years. I am so excited it's finally done! This hutch was a piece from my parents, that used to sit in our kitchen when I was growing up. My Mom would store her school books and papers in it. I have enjoyed this roomy storage unit since Andrew and I got married. I always envisioned painting it at some point. 


Here's how it used to look. Green with a light wood top and knobs. Since we were updating the green sitting room, I decided it was time to paint this piece as well. 


I went with white - clean and classic. I figured it would go with any room. It took about 3 coats of flat white paint, and two coats of polyurethane (top only). 

New brushed silver knobs - .79 cents each on clearance at Lowes!

After trying it in a couple different spots, I ended up liking the buffet under the wall of white frames in the corner of our living room. They compliment each other perfectly! And the two slipper chairs now sit in this nook too. Isn't it cute? I really like this corner.

One more look at the green before...


And the crisp white happily ever after! I might do something to the square panels on the front of the doors, but I haven't decided yet.

And if you're nosy like me, here's a peek at the stuff I stash away inside - table cloths (yes, I have quite a few), place mats, chargers, glassware and vases. I hope to use this piece for a long time, especially since it looks so pretty now!

3 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous Sarah! I remember this little green hutch in your parents' kitchen. Thanks for the memories.

    Love ya,
    Diane D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Looks so nice! :)
    -Kimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great - I have an antique dresser that I bought for my "wardrobe room" that is black & needs to be painted white. This is inspiring me to get started! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!