Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011 Recap

We're back from a wonderful long Christmas weekend, spent with family and friends in Andrew's home town, in Pennsylvania. Marilyn and Denny (my mother and father in-law) graciously hosted all of us. We decorated their tree together, with ornaments spanning the years, from and made by loved ones. 

Some ornaments as old (and older) than my husband and his siblings. Each one holding special memories. 

We got to spend time with my brother-in-law David and our 6 year old niece, Sydney. 

My beautiful sister-in-law, Laura and our almost 3 year old niece, Morgan.

There were LOTS of cookies and giggles.

There were presents. Andrew was very excited about a remote control helicopter (that I almost didn't get him). He has flown it around the house every day since. I think it's his favorite! 

I got a Rachel Ray knife to help create even better meals in the kitchen. Andrew knows that I like to cook and love watching cooking shows. I feel like a pro now! 

Casey wanted to be where the action was.

We had Christmas day lunch with the whole family (well, most of us - we missed you Maney family!), at a Pennsylvania Dutch restaurant. There were 31 of us! No one had to prepare the meal or clean up, which allowed us to just enjoy each others company. We were all remembering Pop Pop. It was one year ago that went home to Heaven. We sure miss him.

Our 2011 family photo

The Statlers

My love and I

We got to see some friends that Andrew grew up with. Hard to believe these guys are "grown ups" now. It's been a long time since high school!


Marilyn took Laura and I to the Tea Room for breakfast. It was a charming little tea room indeed, with cute tables set with doilies and mix-and-match china. Just my type of place! 

I had holiday tea, french toast and cranberry scones. A perfect treat!


We had a wonderful Christmas and hope you did too! We wish we could celebrate with all of our family, spread out in different states. Those we couldn't be with in person, were in our thoughts and in our hearts. We have so much to be thankful for. We are truly blessed to have family and friends, both near and far. The gift of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. A roof over our heads, the ability to travel, good food and special meals shared with loved ones. Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!