Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fabric Clutches

I have been a little bit obsessed with making these clutches. Ever since I found them on Pinterest, and then on Martha Stewart, and then on Etsy, I just had to try them. The instructions are a little tricky to follow, but there is a video (that I watched about 12 times). They aren't to terribly difficult to make and I learned how to make a French seam. Martha would be proud.


My favorite part is the metal purse frame/clasp. It gives them such a finished and professional look. I ordered them on Etsy from Upstyle design.

This is the gorgeous Upstyle clutch that won my heart. If you're not up for making your own, you can order one. So many beautiful fabrics and styles! 

Before I got my hands on the silver clasps, I tried a ball frame that I found at JoAnn Fabrics. It was a little more difficult to adhere, due to the rounded sides, but it looks adorable.


I recommend using Fabri-Tac for gluing the fame to the fabric. It dries quickly, is super strong, and permanent. And very sticky. Try not to get in on anything else.

This blue one is my latest, and my favorite. It may or may not be a Christmas gift. It's the perfect size for a night-out, makeup bag or accessory holder. I'll just have to make a few more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!