Sunday, December 18, 2011

Handmade Christmas Cards

This year I was excited to make my own Christmas cards. 

Shortly after Christmas last year, I found these charming ruffled Christmas cards, over at Hello Friend. I fell in love with the idea of sewing fabric to paper. Except I didn't have a vintage label maker. 


So I did the next best thing, I designed a little message on the computer and printed out the cards.


After cutting and rounding the corners, I sewed fabric, lace and ribbon scraps across the top. I really like the stitch lines. Makes them feel handmade and so unique.


I ended up making 32 cards. It was a perfect combination of my two favorite passions - graphic design and sewing. I was a little sad to see them go! I hope they brought joy to each recipient and the true message of Christmas, John 3:16. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!