Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bugs, Blooms 'n Elphs


Let's play a game. See if you can find the bug in each photo.

I love taking photos, and I love my little Canon Power Shot Digital Elph camera. It's only 8.0 mega pixels (I know, 8 mega pixels is soooo 2008), but it does have my favorite setting: macro. I like using this setting to take close-up photos of flowers. The macro icon is even a flower. This is by no means a "professional" camera, but in my opinion, it does a really great job for being a pocket-size point and shoot. This is actually my second Canon. I have compared similar models in Sony and Kodak, and this one still takes the cake. They are up to 12+ mega pixels now and have even more snazzy features. I would recommend this one. The only thing I would add is a larger zoom lens.

Back to the game. There were a number of bugs enjoying my garden, so I challenged myself to capture a few. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to photography a bee? In flight?


Click each photo to enlarge. I got some decent detail, in my amateur opinion. I took a couple photography classes in college. I like to think I have some basic photography knowledge. Shoo fly.


Meet Ant Rose. Pun. Intended.


The best for last. Do you see it?


Here is a clearer view of a rather large dragon fly resting on a drainpipe.


Buzzzzz.


The perfect size to put in your jacket pocket or purse. Or to sneak up on bugs with.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures!

    My first digital camera was a Canon and I loved it! It was so easy to use and overcompensated for my lack of skill in the photography department. I would highly recommend a Canon over a kodak camera.

    Love your blog posts! Keep 'em coming :)

    Christy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!