Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lemon Blender Pie


This recipe is easy as...well, pie. Literally. When my Mom told me how to make it, it sounded too easy not to try it. I usually don't prefer lemon desserts, but this one was perfectly refreshing, especially on a hot 4th of July afternoon. You can definitely taste the lemon zest.

Ingredients:
1 Whole Lemon, seeds removed, cut into very small pieces, skin and all (make sure to catch the juice)
4 eggs
1 stick of butter or margarine, softened/melted
1 1/2 cups of sugar
Tub of whipped topping
1 deep dish pie crust

Directions:
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Really smooth. You may want to use a food processor instead of a blender.
2. Pour into a deep dish frozen pie crust, such as Marie Calendar, Pillsbury or other brand (must be deep dish).
3. Bake 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool.
4. Refrigerate for a couple hours or overnight.
5. Spread top with 3/4 tub (or all) whipped topping and serve. 


Get ready for lemony deliciousness. The only thing I would do differently the next time I make it, is to cut the lemon skin into tinier pieces. The pie will contain small bits of lemon - that's what makes it homemade! However, I got a few bites of skin that were a bit too much for me. So blend, blend, blend.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Now that is my kind of dessert - easy peasy! I will definitely try to make/take this dessert to a fun summer bash. I am always at a loss for simple, fresh desserts for summer. This one sounds perfect! Thanks for sharing :)

    Christy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!