Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Lemon Blender Pie
This recipe is easy as...well, pie. Literally. When my Mom told me how to make it, it sounded too easy not to try it. I usually don't prefer lemon desserts, but this one was perfectly refreshing, especially on a hot 4th of July afternoon. You can definitely taste the lemon zest.
1 Whole Lemon, seeds removed, cut into very small pieces, skin and all (make sure to catch the juice)
1 stick of butter or margarine, softened/melted
1 1/2 cups of sugar
Tub of whipped topping
1 deep dish pie crust
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Really smooth. You may want to use a food processor instead of a blender.
2. Pour into a deep dish frozen pie crust, such as Marie Calendar, Pillsbury or other brand (must be deep dish).
3. Bake 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool.
4. Refrigerate for a couple hours or overnight.
5. Spread top with 3/4 tub (or all) whipped topping and serve.
Get ready for lemony deliciousness. The only thing I would do differently the next time I make it, is to cut the lemon skin into tinier pieces. The pie will contain small bits of lemon - that's what makes it homemade! However, I got a few bites of skin that were a bit too much for me. So blend, blend, blend.