Monday, January 2, 2012

Ultimate Coffee Gift Box

For Christmas, I made a coffee themed gift basket for Andrew's parents. They love coffee! All the time. It could be 11pm and they're making another pot of joe. I thought it might be nice to give them a matching set of coffee mugs, along with some other related treats. 

Aren't these "coffee" mugs perfect? I found them at the Christmas Tree Shop. I think I snagged the last 8 they had. However, one "cocoa" mug accidentally wound up in my cart - oops. 

I also found this adorable kitchen towel

Holiday napkins

Biscotti

Strawberry Peach preserves (love the name)

And a heavy gift box with a lid to assemble it in - all at the Christmas Tree Shop

Can't forget the main ingredient - a bag of coffee!

I lined the box with tissue paper and put the mugs on each side. The lid sat underneath the box.

I arranged the other goodies in the middle. It was a perfect fit!

I wrapped the whole box with iridescent cellophane (also from CTS),

and folded the sides underneath and secured them with tape. 

All that was left was to tie a pretty bow around the middle and add a little card. Who wouldn't like to receive this? 

I should have worked at "Create a Gift." Anyone remember that place? This would be a great housewarming or bridal shower gift. You could add some fancy cookies, chocolates, tea or hot cocoa. Be creative! It's not as difficult as you might think. Your recipient will appreciate the thought that went into this customized gift.  

Here are a few other gift basket ideas:

Coffee and Tea gift box

Gardening themed gift basket

House Warming / Wedding gift basket

I really like making these. Maybe I should make this part of my side business...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!