Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Few Favorite Things

You know when you find a product or something you like that makes you want to twirl around a blossoming meadow with mountains in the distance? It's a pretty good feeling. Sometimes it's for big things and sometimes it's the little things in life. These are a few of my faves that I'm digging right now. 


Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Color 
I know, I know ladies, Wet n Wild brand was for junior high. But hear me out, it's still good! I picked up a bottle this summer, because I liked the shade "heatwave" (a very punchy poppy-orange-red) and it was cheap. I found out the name "Megalast" really holds true. This stuff lasts a week or more with two coats. I keep coming back to this color. I think it's my new favorite, at about $1.99.


Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color 
Also at the top of my list for nail color. It will cost you a bit more, about $5, but they weren't kidding when they named it "Insta-Dry." It's perfect if you're like me and often paint your nails before bed - no more sheet imprints! Or before you're heading out the door. One coat will do the trick, or you can use two. Plus it lasts a week or more! I actually have it in this pretty color "Lively Lilac." 


John Frieda Precision Foam Colour 
You know it's for real when they spell color with a "u." If you color your own hair, this little box will change your world. I don't have the money to get my hair done professionally on a regular basis, so when those pesky gray hairs start showing up (yes, I have gray hairs, sigh), I try to color it myself. I've used multiple brands and had varying success. This is probably the only hair color I will use from now on. Why? Because it's applied as a thick luxurious foam. No drips, oozing bottles or messy application. I know I sound like a commercial, but it's true. It doesn't have a horrible odor and they provide black gloves that actually fit. Available in 20 shades for about $12.99. Compared to salon prices that's a steal! You can even use the shade selector tool on the website. I've used it twice and both times was very happy with the even coverage and ease of use. And it's all thanks to Kristy for giving me some coupons! 


Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss
I don't shop at VS often, but when they mail me a $10 coupon to use on anything, I know not to let a good thing go to waste. My goal was to find something for exactly $10, which was a bit of a challenge. Their Beauty Rush lip gloss was on sale for 2 for $12. I picked out two natural looking shades, one with shimmer and one without. I really like them! They go on very smooth, aren't horribly sticky (still sticky though) and stay on your lips for a long time. And they taste/smell like candy. Thumbs up. 

Simply Vera Wang for Kohl's Leggins 
These are the best leggins I have found, and I was looking for ones like this for a while. I wanted thick material (not tights), that felt like stretch pants. They are available in ankle length and cropped style. I have them in black and brown and I love wearing them. They're usually around $15-$20, but they were on sale and I used a coupon. Kohl's is always running some sort of sale or coupon. Perfect with boots and long sweaters. 


Peppermint
I know Christmas is over, but I've been on a peppermint kick lately. Peppermint hot chocolate. Peppermint Patties. Peppermint candies. Peppermint lattes. Peppermint lip balm. I tend to latch on to certain flavors for a while, have them all the time, then get sick of them. Right now I'm riding the peppermint train. Next stop, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!