Saturday, January 7, 2012

Tween Room Makeover Reveal

Remember, about a year ago, when my niece Emma turned 10, and my sister and I started to give her bedroom a complete makeover? Well, we basically finished it...in July, but then a lot of things happened, and I never shared the results. I also didn't take very extensive photos. Shame on me. I was excited about how it turned out and I'm pretty sure Emma likes it a lot!
This bedroom was our inspiration. Lisa ordered the bedding set, which set the tone for the overall theme. White furniture and accent pieces with pops of bright pink, lime green and brown, and light aqua walls.

We found a 9 drawer dresser, tall narrow bookcase and a wicker storage chest on craigslist.

I found pink storage buckets at Target that fit nicely on the bookshelf.

I also found and painted a large cork board from a thrift store, which now hangs above Emma's repainted desk for displaying artwork and papers. The desk belonged to Lisa when she was growing up and it was her first furniture painting project. She did a great job - you go sister! I wish I had a photo of the desk. I'll work on getting one...

I made some quick wall art of Emma's name with letters out of foam core, and hung them above the dresser. You can make your own letters by following my easy tutorial. A mirror was later added to the dresser.

The metal cans I spray painted white now hold markers, crayons and art supplies. Read more about my bargain finds here.

Two cute poodles in Paris canvases were hung on the wall near the bed. 

This fun zebra and polka dot "E" initial plaque found a home above Emma's night stand and lamp. 


The bedding an accent pillows are so cute and fun and made the whole room come together! 


BEFORE
It was very yellow, lacked a unified style and was in need of storage, organization and some new furniture.


AFTER
Now it's a fun and pretty "tween" room for Emma to enjoy and grow with! I especially like the wall color. Chris did a great job painting it. The tranquil aqua-blue compliments the bedding and existing carpet. 

This was a fun project, especially because it was for my beautiful and creative niece Emma. I hope she loves her new room. Now that she's been enjoying it for 6 months! If only she could keep it clean...that's another story :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!