Saturday, January 29, 2011

Surprise Kindle

I won an Amazon Kindle! I can't believe it! My post-holiday work party was last night and some of the fun involved entering raffles for prizes. I would have been happy winning a few free car washes. I certainly didn't expect to win my very own Kindle! 

To be honest, I didn't know much about them, except that you read "electronic" books on them. What a cool device, to say the least! The 6 inch screen looks just like the pages of a book. It works by accessing Wi-Fi (which we have) and you can browse book selections, magazines, blogs and other publications via Amazon.com. I already have an Amazon.com account, so the setup was very easy. 

Photo from Amazon.com 
Look how slim and lightweight it is? For some reason I thought they were larger. This will easily fit into my purse. I may just need to sew a cute little case for it. 

Photo from Amazon.com 
About as thin as a pencil! 

My first electronic book selection? The King James Bible. Call me old fashioned, but it never ceases to amaze me to find another way to read the Word of God. Page one, of Genesis 1, right there on the screen. Wirelessly. For 99 cents. How cool is that? My next book? The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven, by Kevin Malarkey. I heard about this book and was curious to read it. Amazon conveniently lets to sample books before you buy. I was hooked after a few pages. I purchased it and within minutes the entire book was there for me to read. 

Now I see what all the fuss it about. I'm excited to get back into reading with my new Kindle! Thank you, Daymon, for my fantastic prize! I feel like a winner. You can learn more and purchase your own Kindle here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!