Thursday, January 27, 2011

Goodie Bag Gifts

This is a gift project I did over Christmas that I forgot about. I couldn't reveal it until I gave them to the recipients, who were some of my close friends and co-workers. 

The idea started back in the summer, when Christy and I were perusing the Joann-Fabrics clearance aisle, when we saw these adorable little flower and button embellished felt zipper pouches, for a mere 97 cents each AND I had a coupon. After some thought and convincing from Christy, I scooped up 11 of them. They would make a cute Christmas gift some how.

I started thinking about what I could put in these little pouches that would be both useful and fun to receive. Maybe they could have a "purse kit" theme. Some hand lotion for the winter months. I love this one by St. Ives. It has a very light oatmeal and shea fragrance and really helps sooth dry hands.

I don't know about you, but I seem to always be looking for a nail file. I found some stylish multi-packs of mini nail files. Perfect to keep in your purse.

I'm also usually looking for a tissue. Ask my husband. He'll tell you that he's never met anyone that uses as many tissues as I do. I try to keep these mini packs of Kleenex in my purse at all times. 

Chocolate. Every now and then you just need a piece of chocolate. These Ghirardelli squares, filled with mint, peanut butter, peppermint, or caramel are soooo good. I put a couple of those in.

I don't recommend carrying this next item around in your purse, necessarily. Maybe if you really need to take the edge off.....kidding! These are for the coffee and caramel lovers. Vincent VanGogh Double espresso and Dutch caramel flavored mini vodka. Yes, I said vodka. For a special holiday beverage treat. Or those really rough mornings when coffee ain't cutting it. Kidding again! They're small enough to fit in the bag. They have artsy packaging. And they taste good. It made sense at the time. Don't judge me.

Get some festive clear cellophane holiday bags and wrap everything up with a twist tie or ribbon. The bags I used came with a punch-out ornament tags. 

Place the goodie bag inside the cosmetic bag and you have a cute little gift!

I kept one for myself and use it to store my ipod and charger. This would make a great Valentines Day gift too! You could fill it with candy, your loved ones favorite gum or mints, maybe a gift card or some jewelry. Think outside the standard gift box or bag when presenting a gift. I did get asked if I made the cosmetic bag, and I wish that I could have said yes. I just didn't have the time to sew that many. You certainly could make your own and it would be an even more personalized gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!