Sunday, January 16, 2011

Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies

I decided to make some cookies with ingredients I had on hand. I modified a recipe from Epicurious.com, which was for cherry chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with almonds. I didn't have cherries or almonds, but I did have dried cranberries. I like the tartness of the cranberries with the sweetness of the chocolate chips. A sweet treat!

Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour 
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries (or cherries)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees with racks positioned in center and top third of oven. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper (or if you're like me, and never have parchment paper, I used wax paper).

Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl until well blended. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. Beat in flour mixture. Mix in oats, then chocolate chips, then cranberries.


Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart (do not chill dough). Bake cookies for about 10-12 minutes, then switch and rotate baking sheets. Bake cookies until golden, about 5-6 minutes longer. Keep checking to make sure they are not getting too brown, just golden. Remove from oven and cool cookies on baking sheets (cookies will firm as they cool). Makes 2 dozen.

1 comment:

  1. Cookies are my downfall so I'm just going to drool all over yours. :-) Wouldn't do to have a plate of them sitting around. I will, however, keep a copy of the recipe for when my resolve isn't so strong. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!