Sunday, October 24, 2010

More Baby Bibs and Diaper Burp Cloths


I have been sewing up a storm lately for some very special babies. I have quite a few friends that are expecting, so I jumped at the opportunity to make some more bibs and burp cloths for gifts. I found a burp cloth design that I like much better, that involves using cloth diapers and sewing a fabric panel down the center. The tutorial can be found here, at Chickpea Sewing Studio.

I started with a 12 pack of 3-ply cloth diapers that I found at Target.

I washed all of them, as well as my fabric, in mild detergent and removed any fuzzies.

 
Then I measured and cut the fabric for the center panel. I found that 19 inches by 7 inches works well.


I turned the fabric over, folded and ironed each short side to be about 1/4 inch shorter than the cloth diaper ends. Then I folded the long sides and ironed them as well. It just depends how wide you want your fabric panel to be. I tried to make it as wide as the center panel of the diaper, however, it won't be perfect.


I turned the ironed fabric right side up and pinned it in place.


 Then I sewed all four sides with my sewing machine, using a medium zig-zag stitch.


The result is an adorable diaper burp cloth. Perfect for catching all of those messy burps and feeding spills.


I made a bib to match, out of one of my favorite fabrics for baby girls in brown with cute little pink, purple, blue and green owls.


I also made some sets for baby boys with this adorable tan, blue, green and red owl fabric. Owls are all the rage these days, in case you haven't noticed. I love them!



Some polka dots too.


This floral set is one of the fabrics used in Madelyn's room. She should be arriving any day now....


Bibs and diaper burp cloths are so cute and relatively easy to make. From what I have heard, Mom's love them. The bib instructions can be found here, also at Chickpea Sewing Studio. Make sure you print out the paper template at 100%, or else you will have tiny bibs.

I can't wait to see my friends babies wearing these bibs around their little necks! Keeping their clothes dry and clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!