Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall Fashion



I feel kind of silly doing this, but our friend Patrick suggested I include fashion on my blog. Pat was Andrew's roommate in college, so their friendship goes way back. This one's for you Pat.

As I continue to embrace fall, and it hasn't stopped raining for days, I decided it was time to break out my favorite fall skirt, jacket and some boots. I received such nice compliments throughout the day, like "What great fall colors you're wearing." I did feel cozy and quite fall-ish. Despite the nasty weather outside.

Here's the breakdown, in case anyone's interested:

Light Tan Corduroy Skirt - Old Navy
Wine Colored Long Sleeve T-Shirt - Target
Brown Sailor Style Crop Jacket - Kohl's. This jacket is one of my very favorite purchases. I have to limit myself from wearing it every week.
Brown Boots - Goodwill. I haven't been this excited about a new pair of shoes in a while. I found a NEW pair of Tahari boots, in my size, at Goodwill for $7! Someone must have donated them by accident. I can't imagine who wouldn't want them. Finders keepers! And the best part is, they don't have zippers. I have issues with boots with zippers. I often stuff cotton balls into my boots with zippers so that they don't leave imprints on my legs all day. Such a problem. Apparently I have cankles. Or the boot makers think all legs are the size of arms, as Liz from Mable's House, pointed out. I'm right there with you Liz. You are not alone in your quest for good boots.
Leather Purse - Vera Wang for Kohl's. This is probably the only Vera Wang item I will ever own. Thanks to the clearance rack at Kohl's, I scored this amazingly made purse, which originally retailed for $120. Are you kidding me? No. I got it for $30 a couple seasons ago.
Gold leaf earrings (fake of course) - Beall's in Florida. $2. Man I wish we had one of those stores here.

So that's my first fashion post. We'll see if this is lame-o. Clothes are my weakness. I think I have always loved fashion and shopping for clothes. I am a bargain hunter, I will say that. My Mom taught me well.

How about you? Do you like shopping for clothes? Or do you dread it? Have you found any amazing deals lately? Anyone else identify with the boot dilemma? Do tell!

1 comment:

Thank you!