Monday, October 11, 2010

A Girly Baby Shower Invitation



I have been working on a very fun project for a couple of months, but I haven't been able to share any of of it with you until now. I had the privilege of helping to plan and throw a baby shower for one of my closest girlfriends, Christy, who is expecting her first little one. She and her husband Ben (an amazing couple) are having a girl! Which means I got to use pink!

The first piece of the baby shower was the invitation (4x6 in.), that I gleefully got to design, along with a registry card (3.5x2 in.) and location directions (3x5 in). A project that didn't require the use of Helvetica, the prohibition of certain colors, and I could add as many paisleys and floral embellishments as I saw fit! I am very much a girly-girl, so I loved working on this.

The design set the tone for the overall theme of the baby shower that I envisioned in my mind. Feminine and elegant with a vintage feel. More to come on the baby shower...

For you designers and typography gurus, the script font is "Champignon," and the serif font in caps is "Trajan Pro." The vector art were freebies from the wonderful world wide web.

1 comment:

  1. was so sad that i missed the shower. . . we were out of town. but the invites were gorgeous. i have made a few here and there for random people, but i would love to know where you got them printed. i normally make mine on photoshop, save as a jpeg and then just get them printed as a regular photo. what is your process? if you want to email me instead, that's fine too! bmchase18@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!