Thursday, October 6, 2016

5 Simple Ways to Add Fall Style to Your Home

When it comes to seasonal home decor, I usually don't change too much, but I really like the feeling of cozying things up when the weather starts getting cooler. How perfect does relaxing on your sofa with a nice blanket and a good movie sound right now?

Here are five simple ways that you can incorporate fall style into your home and enjoy autumn, indoors. 

1. New statement piece
Maybe you've had your eye on a gorgeous metallic mirror, clock or other piece of wall art. A new statement piece can easily change up the feel of any room. It doesn't have to be expensive, either. You can DIY an existing piece with gold spray paint or score a vintage find at a second hand store. 

2. Throw blanket
Who doesn't love snuggling up with a warm blanket in your favorite chair? I can never seem to have enough throw blankets. Pick one up in a warm burnt orange hue, mocha or neutral gray. Maybe even get two so you don't have to share! 

3. Accent pillows
Pillows are one of the quickest and simplest ways to change up the furniture in a living room. You can go a little outside of your comfort zone and select a seasonal color palette or bold patterns. I really like the pillows I've been seeing in stores with words like "thankful", "grateful", and cute quotes. They help personalize a space and add some fun. 

4. Candles 
I don't think I'll ever get tired of candles. They add so much light, warmth, and delicious aromas. I like using tealights on different surfaces, especially in versatile votive holders, like mercury glass. So pretty! When it comes to making my house smell amazing, I'm a sucker for those powerhouse 3-wick candles from you-know-where. "Leaves" is one of my very favorite scents. Along with anything apple, pumpkin or caramel. 

5. Bring nature indoors
Pumpkins are the obvious choice for decorating the exterior of your home, but there's a lot of other elements in nature that you can decorate with, inside - right from your own backyard! Pine cones, acorns, leaves, sticks, corn kernels. I like to fill glass vases with pine cones and acorns and surrounded them with a few tealights to make beautiful centerpieces. 

What are some ways that you like to decorate for the fall season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!