Saturday, December 13, 2014

Christmas Mini Gift Baskets


Usually for Christmas, I like to think of a DIY gift craft or something I can make to give to extended family and friends. In the past, I've made soy teacup candles, sugar scrub, goodie bags, cinnamon honey butter, and hot chocolate.

This year, I didn't give myself enough time to make something and I've been a little busy preparing for baby's arrival :) I did manage to assemble these mini gift baskets.

I was inspired to do something with these red produce-type baskets that I found at Michael's craft store. They're just like the ones you buy fruits and veggies in at the farmers market.




And they're just big enough to hold hand soap from Bath and Body Works (my favorite), a kitchen tea towel and a small candle. 

I got a pack of large cellophane treat bags to wrap them in and paper confetti to put in the bottom of the baskets. 


Once I figured out how to fold the tea towels to fit neatly in the baskets, I set to work assembling these cute little packages. 


I used the ribbon that Bath and Body Works included with each hand soap purchase (and some great coupons!), and I added these cute little Christmas tags that I picked up for $1. 


Aren't they fun and festive? Something that anyone would like to receive. These would also make great favors or prizes at a party, teacher gifts, or seasonal thank-you gifts. I could even see these with a Valentine's Day theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!