Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sari & Travis' Wedding Invitation Set

I had the privilege of working with Sari and her mom Jackie, to design an elegant wedding invitation set, for Sari and Travis' August wedding. The best part is, they chose letterpress printing. This was my first time working with Pistachio Press and they did a beautiful job. Right down to the custom color lined envelopes. Really wonderful work.

I just love the feel of the impression on the cotton paper. Each piece is done by hand and the colors are spot on.

Bright coral and yellow gold with a leafy green accent inside the envelope. The bee theme reflected the favors, which were little vials of honey from the family's harvest. 

The invitations matched the floral fabric table cloths at the reception. 

Photo by expressionsstudio.com
Aren't these little baskets adorable? I designed individual guest place cards for each one. 

Photo by expressionsstudio.com
I also designed the table cards, each named for a different ballet/dance.

Photo by expressionsstudio.com
As well as a large guest seating chart with floor map. 

And one last touch - a sticker enclosure for the outer envelope.

Photo by expressionsstudio.com
Congratulations to the beautiful bride and groom, Sari and Travis! I have never seen photographs of a more beautiful "backyard" wedding. This was not your typical backyard wedding - the location, the bridal party, the decor, the guests, every single detail was carefully composed and beautifully done. Sari is a ballet dancer and instructor, and there was dancing, including many of her students. The couple even released doves. I am sure it was an amazing celebration to be part of.

Photo by expressionsstudio.com
Simply stunning. Look at that table and those chandeliers! 




Photo by expressionsstudio.com
I love the happy colors woven throughout the entire wedding. The beautiful bridal party.

Photo by expressionsstudio.com
The groomsmen - and woman - who happens to be my cousin Julie. A happy coincidence that I didn't realize until I was designing the guest cards. I had no idea my cousin (whom I haven't seen in at least 15-20 years) is friends with the groom, and was part of his side of the bridal party. How wild is that?


Photo by expressionsstudio.com
Look at this gorgeous bride - and those shoes!


Photo by expressionsstudio.com
They even incorporated the color scheme into these amazingly unique heels! How fun. 


Photo by expressionsstudio.com
I couldn't wait to see photos of this extraordinary wedding and how it all came together. Expressions Studio of Photography did an amazing job capturing everything.

Photo by expressionsstudio.com
Sari and Jackie were so wonderful to work with. I'm thrilled that I could accomplish the wedding invitation set that they were looking for and I'm so happy with how it turned out. What a beautiful wedding!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!