We've been enjoying our newly stained large back deck all month. Once again, Andrew did an amazing job. It looks beautiful! I even helped with the railings and the trellis (Ugh. Don't want to do that again!). It was quite a BIG task, spanning about 3 weekends, depending on time and good weather. But the result was well worth it. We used the same stain that we used on the front porch. The existing faded color was red, so "Russet" was a nice update. We have lived in our house for 5 years, and this was the first time we stained the decks.
Here's a look at the BEFORE:
Work IN PROGRESS:
The BIG REVEAL:
There are a LOT of railings and spindles - that was the most time consuming part! Andrew put two coats on the main floor area and one coat on the rest. It took about 3 1/2 gallons of stain.
Another big project we can check off our list. I love sitting out here every chance I get!