Monday, July 9, 2012

Lucky Seven

Happy Anniversary to my one and only, my wonderful husband and best friend, Andrew. It doesn't seem possible that we've been married for seven years! That's the equivalent of middle school and high school combined - and those seemed like a long time. These seven years have literally flown by. I couldn't be more thankful to have such an amazing man by my side.

I love looking at our photos. Our wedding day was July 9, 2005. We had a "traditional" photographer who captured our special day with traditional poses - on film. You know, film, that stuff you used to have to have developed and could only print more if you had the negative. Seems like light years ago! Looking back, I wish we had hired a digital photographer, or knew one of the talented photographer friends we know now. One with more in-the-moment-capture-the-little-details style. Today, I could recommend a list of amazing photographers - where were all of you seven years ago?!


Two years after our wedding, David, Andrew's brother, was studying photography at RIT, and offered to shoot some photos of us. I decided to wear my wedding dress again and Andrew wore a shirt and tie (and jeans this time), for a fun post-wedding photo shoot. The photos in this post are all from David, and they're some of my all-time favorites. I love how natural and relaxed they are, compared to how formal and "staged" some of our wedding day photos were.

We went to one of our favorite parks on a sunny day. We even received a few "Congratulations!" from passers-by, who thought we had just tied the knot! We had a lot of fun "modeling." The best part is, I was able to edit them myself and still have all of them on my computer. I have a box of wedding day negatives that I have yet to scan. One of these days. David is a very talented photographer and I'm so glad we got to have this shoot with him!



I love these photos and I love the man that I married. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us for the next seven years!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary you two! I love those pics of you both and it is nice to see them again :) I love the way you love each other, and I am so glad that my brother chose such a wonderful woman to be his wife and be a part of our family! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!