Thursday, June 14, 2012

Golf Towel for Dad

At the risk of spoiling my Father's Day surprise, here's a little something I whipped up for my Dad, who likes to golf - a custom golf towel.  It's in the mail, Dad!

Just like my embellished kitchen towels, all you need is a white dish/hand towel.


Some, "manly" golf appropriate fabric (argyle is perfect!) and 1 XL eyelet or grommet. 

Measure, cut and iron back the edges of the fabric you want to use. My finished rectangle was about 14 inches by 7 inches. You can make it wider or thinner. Just be sure to leave enough towel at the bottom. 


Turn your fabric right side up and pin it in place.


Sew all the way around all four sides. I like to use a zigzag stitch. Iron your now-attached fabric.


Mark the spot where you want the grommet to go, by tracing the inside of the ring. 


Snip a tiny hole through the fabric and towel, just large enough to fit the grommet. 


Follow the instructions for hammering the grommet in place. 


Isn't that fun? So stylish!


One more finishing touch - gotta add my label! 


Now my Dad can hook this specially made towel to his golf bag and think of me while he's out on the links! I have a feeling he'll like it.


This would make a great gift any golf enthusiast - you can customize the color to match their bag. Or incorporate their favorite sports team. Add a monogram. Make a whole set!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!