Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Amber Waves of Glass

I am the happy owner of a beautiful set of amber vintage glassware, gifted to me by my very thoughtful friend and fellow blogger, Kimi, in exchange for some of my sewing services. I think I got the better end of the deal! Kimi and her sister Christy, also a fellow blogger and very thoughtful friend, knew how much I like unique color glass things, and thought I would like these. I love these. Thank you, thank you, thank you! They belonged to Kimi's husband's grandmother, which makes me feel like part of the family now. Such a pretty color. Especially when sunlight hits them, which is why I took some photos outside at dusk. I'm a photographer wannabe. 


Two goblets with handles and four without. 


A beautiful cookie jar/cylinder with lid, which I plan on using to hold silverware and such at parties, like Kimi and Christy did. This is my favorite piece.


They happen to go nicely with a light amber glass bowl that I already have. I could see these creating a lovely table setting. 


As if that wasn't enough, I also got 3 bonus juice glasses with tiny yellow dots on them. How cute are these? I think I'll be using them for orange juice in the morning. 


I feel so blessed! This really made my day. I better start sewing to hold up my end of the bargain...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!