Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Sugar Cookies

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful Mom's! Especially my Mom, I love you Mom!

My friend Heather and I made some Mom's day sugar cookies, using Martha Stewart's Basic Sugar Cookie Recipe. We decorated them with simple icing, using zip-lock bags to pipe designs. Aren't they cute? 

Heather (wise baker that she is) recommended placing the cut-out cookies in the refrigerator for a few minutes prior to baking them, to keep them from spreading in the oven. What a great tip! She also suggested freezing extra cookies (without frosting) if you would like to have some on hand for future use. Just thaw and decorate as needed. Great idea!

Heather and I go waaaay back. As in third grade. Hard to believe we've known each other almost our whole lives! We went to elementary, junior high, high school, and then college together. Isn't that crazy? Now she's married to her high school sweetheart and is Mom to two adorable (and mischevious) boys, and has one on the way (I'm hoping it's a girl!). She also has a beautiful home and really knows how to decorate. Heather has been referred to as Martha Stewart many times. Maybe one day I'll feature her home so you can see her awesome style and creativity. I pretty much leaned all of my junior high fashion from her. Back when we both had braces and all we wanted was to be "cool." Thanks for teaching me your stylish ways Heather :) 

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!