Sunday, April 17, 2011

Felt Easter Card and Envelope

When I was making monogrammed felt bags, I got the idea to make an Easter card with a little chick on it, out of felt. It was very easy. I started with one sheet of 8.5 x 11 inch white card stock, which I lightly scored then folded in half. I cut out felt shapes to make green grass, a light blue egg and a yellow chick with a pink beak, which I carefully sewed, piece by piece to the card stock. I used my sewing machine and white thread. You could sew on any shapes you like. Add a googly eye - those things crack me up!
Then I needed an envelope. Since the card size was rather large (5.5 x 8.5 inches), I used one sheet of 12 x 12 inch scrapbook paper. I folded the left and right sides in at 3 inches, the bottom flap up at 1 inch, and the top flap down at 2 inches. Then I cut down and across to remove the side flap corners that were not needed.

I used my corner rounder punch for the top and bottom flaps to give them a nice finished edge. 
Using a glue stick, I glued the center flap then the bottom flap. 

Fold down the top of the envelope and you're done! Now you have a cute handmade Easter card and envelope. These would be fun to make with kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!