Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chargers, Table Setting and Dinner with Friends

While shopping for a gift at Bed Bath and Beyond, I spotted a Christmas clearance section. Yes, in February, I was surprised. As you can image, prices were marked waaaay down. To the tune of 75% off. There were stacks of chargers in silver, gold and red. It was my lucky day! I don't know how many times I have contemplated getting a set of chargers but didn't want to spend the money. Well, the price was right! 

Originally $1.99 each, marked down to .49 cents! And yes, I had a coupon, which saved me an additional .10 cents. That's how cheap I am. But I went home with 8 beautiful silver chargers for under $4.

Perfect timing for our post-Valentine's Day ladies dinner. I used pieces I had around the house to assemble a red and white themed candle centerpiece.

You may recognize the burlap table runner, red tray and red glass vase from my Christmas center pieces

I was inspired by an episode of the Nate Berkus Show which showed how to create budget table settings that look like a million bucks. I love this all red themed setting.
From Nate Berkus Show
This is my interpretation. I used varying size candles and vessels to created different heights.
I even put a tealight in a red glass goblet which made a very pretty glow.

The best part was sharing an evening with good friends over dinner and dessert! BA made  delicious chocolate pudding layer dessert cups with strawberries and whipped topping!

And Maddie joined us for the first time! Don't worry Maddie, girls night tires me out too!
It's always such a wonderful time when I get to see these ladies. I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!