Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Rice Pudding with Golden Raisins

My food photography stinks. I'm almost always cooking at night, so I don't have any natural daylight. I'm usually in a hurry to eat whatever I'm making. And I can't seem to get the right angle and make it look not-blob-ish. Please forgive these below-par photos and don't judge this delicious dish by them. 

Do you like rice pudding? I love it. I forget how much I like it because I hardly ever make it. My Mom made it fairly often when I was growing up and it was always SO good. It has to be eaten cold. My Dad and I would always try to get the last serving! It didn't last long in our house. This time I made it with golden raisins. Delicious. 

Ingredients:
4 cups milk
1 cup Minute Original Rice (not instant)
1 egg, well beaten
1 package vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling (not instant)
1/4 cup raisins (regular or golden)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions:
Combine milk, rice, pudding mix, raisins and egg in medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until mixture just comes to a boil (keep stirring, don't let it get stuck to the bottom of the pan). Cool 5 minutes, stirring twice. Pour into dessert dishes or serving bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Serve warm or cool in refrigerator. 

Makes 10 servings (or less if you love it as much as I do)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!