Monday, February 11, 2013

I Said Yes...8 Years Ago

Eight years ago, on February 11, 2005, Andrew asked me to marry him (and I said yes!). It was our six month anniversary of "officially" dating. A little soon, some might say! When you know, you know. We had plans to have dinner at Mario's, a special Italian restaurant. I knew Andrew was having lunch with my Dad that afternoon (to ask for his blessing), but I wasn't sure if he was actually going to propose that night. I also didn't know that the reason he was late picking me up for dinner, was because he was at the jeweler's having my engagement ring finished. Talk about a whirlwind day!

We are so happy (and young) in this photo, taken that evening, after Andrew popped the question. I was SO excited and couldn't wait to start planning our wedding - which took place 5 months later! Everything just fell into place. Andrew and I both knew we had found "the one" and wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. Which sounds a little crazy, considering we had only met less than a year and a half prior. I've never been so sure in my heart that I was supposed to do something - marry the handsome soccer player with amazing blue eyes, from Pennsylvania, that won my heart. He is an amazing man and has loved me everyday since, in a way only God could have designed. We have had our ups and downs and bumps along the road, like any couple, but all of the "wonderful" certainly overrules. We often wonder how we could be so blessed. 

I'm so grateful to walk this road of life with him by my side. I would say "yes" all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!