Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Foliage Photos

Sometimes I like to play photographer. Last week, we experienced a few Indian summer days - it reached 80 degrees at one point! In the middle of October. With the beautiful fall foliage and weather like that, I had to get outside and take it in. 

I hightailed it to one of my favorite parks after work. The sun was gleaming through the trees along the Eerie canal, illuminating the multitude of autumn colors. It felt so good to be outside again after accepting the fate of colder weather. 

My toes were happy to see the light of day again. Soon they'll be hidden beneath socks and boots. 

I was surprised by the fun details I came across. Tree bark dotted with amber sap, unusual looking toadstools, fluffy milkweed, a couple wandering ducks. Oh, and a snake that scared the crap out of me. I nearly stepped on it, trying to get a closeup of a tree. When enjoying nature, look before you step. Lesson learned!

There was beauty everywhere I looked. These are some of my favorite photos from that day. The colors drastically shifted as the sun set.


He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.
Jeremiah 17:8
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!