Tuesday, March 27, 2012

30th Birthday Ladies Luncheon

These are some of my most cherished friends in the whole world! They are beautiful ladies, inside and out, and they got together to surprise me and help ring in my 30th birthday! My husband was the instigator behind this secret plan. Andrew enlisted the help of Christy and Kimi (sitting with me on the bench) to arrange a beautiful and unforgettable ladies luncheon. All for me! I was so surprised, very blessed and enjoyed every minute of it!  


It was Saturday, March 17th, 3 days before my birthday (also St. Patrick's Day). I was led to believe I was helping host a bridal shower - not so! Kimi's four season room was gorgeously decorated with a long table dressed with white and blue linens. The sun shone through the windows. We gathered around the table to share a delicious meal, laugh and enjoy each others company (and stories). It was a perfect afternoon! 


The girls thought of everything - fine china, linen napkins, beautiful tulips. So pretty and classy! 


They even made place cards.


And candle favors with soy wax and re-purposed glass baby food jars. Love these!

The food was amazing. Ina Garten's Curry Chicken Salad, Traditional Chicken Salad, Croissants, Spinach, Strawberry and Pecan Salad, Corn Chowder, Cheese Tortellini, punch, lemonade - all of my favorite things!

And the desserts - Vanilla cupcakes and fruit tarts! Thank you Mrs. White and Susan for helping prepare the food. It was delicious! 

And of course coffee and chocolates! Everything was so special. 

On top of all that, I received beautiful cards, gifts and gift cards to some of my favorite stores! You ladies know me well. My heart was overwhelmed. I was feeling so loved and so thankful for such wonderful friends, who are truly gifts from God. 

Photo courtesy of BA Photography


I couldn't have imagined a better way to celebrate this milestone year. Thank you ladies, for making my birthday so special and for being the beautiful, creative, thoughtful, talented, encouraging and inspiring women that you are. I love you and I'm grateful I get to share life with you. Kimi, thank you for hosting us in your beautiful home. You and Christy, aka "RoMaglio", outdid yourselves and should seriously go into business! You are both so talented and have a gift for throwing outstanding parties! 


And a big thank you to my husband for pulling off such a wonderful surprise! You are too good to me, and I know it. I love you with all of my heart and I'm so glad you're mine. You'll be 30 in a few months...


For more details about the ladies luncheon and yummy recipes, visit Christy's blog.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    What a beautiful event! You sure do have some wonderful friends and such a thoughtful husband, way to go Andrew! Friendships are so very precious, cherish them. God bless you all.
    Love,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. RoMaglio! We turn dreams into a reality....

    LOL. glad you enjoyed yourself Miss Sarah! It was a pleasure being a part of celebrating your special day!

    -Kimi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!