Sunday, October 23, 2011

Back From the Desert

I've been back from Arizona a whole week already. It's hard to believe my trip has come and gone. This week was a bit of a blur, going back to work after almost 9 days of sunshine and a healthy dose of relaxation. It was a week full of blessings, big and small, and I came back refreshed. Only to catch a cold almost as soon as I stepped off the airplane back in chilly, rainy Rochester. All good things must come to an end! Makes me appreciate my trip even more. I did miss my husband the whole time I was gone and wished he could have been there with me. Somehow he managed to survive without me, living on hot dogs and not a lot of clean laundry. LOL.

The best part about my trip was getting to see my Dad and Mom and my Uncle Bob. 

I also got to meet Beau, my parents new lovable dog, a 6 year old Bichon Frise with the fluffiest fur. He and I got a long very well. 
 

It's such a treat going back "home" to visit my parents. When it's just me, it feels like I'm in college again, living at home, sleeping in, Mom making me breakfast. They spoil me with apple pie and home cooked meals. I love every minute of it. Even though it's not the house I grew up in, most of the furniture and decor is the same and it takes me back to my childhood. The pictures on the walls the blankets on the bed, the chairs in the living room. It always amazes me how the little things spark such memories. 


I still get a kick out of the different cacti. The prickly spikes and textures are so interesting. 


Try as I may, I wasn't able to capture a photo of a real humming bird buzzing and chirping in the back yard.  


The weather certainly delivered and temperatures reached 100 degrees! This was taken at 10:30 in the morning when the heat was still rising. Sunshine and blue skies. Every. Day. I loved it! 


Surrounding mountains in the distance. Immense and awe inspiring. It's impossible to relay their full beauty with a camera. 


I miss this spot. Lounging on the patio. Taking in the sunshine. Birds chirping in the morning. The still quiet night air. God's beautiful creation has so many forms. 


There have been many blog topics floating around inside my head, but it feels like I may have a case of bloggers-block (if there is such a thing). There's things I'd like to share and projects to tackle, but it's almost as if I need to wait until I "feel it." It's the same way with some design projects. You just know when you're ready to jump in. I think the desert sun did me some good, in that it caused me to slow down. Not stress over stuff. Take a look at what's really important to me. Something that's good for all of us to do from time to time. I was hardly on a computer the entire time I was away, and I kinda liked it. Some days it feels like a power cord is plugged into my brain and all I do is go from one screen to the next - work computer, phone, home computer, TV. Sometimes you need to cut the cord. I'm thankful I was able to do that for a few days. I have more to share about my trip another time. 


It's good to be home sweet home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!