Sunday, October 30, 2011

Three Weeks with My Brother, by Nicholas Sparks and Micah Sparks

While I was lounging by the pool in Arizona (how I wish I was still there), I started reading Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas Sparks and Micah Sparks. I have been a fan of Nicolas Sparks (along with everyone else) since I first watched A Walk To Remember (no, I didn't read the book first, but I should have). I also enjoyed The Notebook, The Wedding and Dear John. Sparks writing speaks right into your heart and paints beautiful stories. I have a list of other books he has written that I want to read. 


Frequently inspired by real people and stories, Sparks writings are from the heart. Three Weeks with My Brother is a memoir of his own life story. I would say it's the most compelling of his books that I've read. I don't think I've ever felt so much emotion (or cried so much) while reading a book. I hoped the people sitting next to me on the airplane didn't think something tragic had happened to me, as tears rolled down my face. That's how touched I was. 


Without giving it away, the book takes you through a trip around the world with Nicholas and his older brother Micah. Woven throughout their journey is the story of their, childhood, their family, growing up together and experiencing love and tremendous loss. If you're like me, it might cause a little change inside of you. Definitely worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!