Thursday, March 3, 2011

Five Favorite Beauty Products

Once in a while, I get asked what products I use on my face and hair. Here are five favorites that I use on a daily basis (get it, basis...happy cooincidence).




#1 Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash 
This stuff is great. It really removes all the dirt, oil and makeup. I have tried many kinds of face wash and I keep coming back to this one. It's not heavy and I love the light fresh scent.


#2 L'Oreal Active Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15
After I wash my face, this moisturizer goes on. I shopped around for moisturizers that were light yet kept my face smooth but not oily. This one is my favorite because a little goes along way and the SPF is built in. It goes on like a dream and it's better than expensive department store brands. 
#3 Cover Girl Clean Pressed Powder
I've been using this one for years. Probably since 8th grade. Usually in classic beige. There's nothing like opening a new compact and swiping that soft cotton disc across smooth powder for the first time. Anyone else know what I mean? It's hypoallergenic, won't clog pores and it covers great. 


#4 Maybeline Define-A-Lash Volume Mascara
Can't forget the eyes. I have been a long time connoisseur of mascara and this one is my favorite. In black. I like the brush and I like how it coats my lashes. It's a little tough to take off, but that means it stays put throughout the day. Look for the one in the hot pink metallic tube. 




#5 Pantene Pro-V Fine Hair Solutions Flat to Volume Shampoo and Conditioner
It was like finding an old friend. I used to use Pantene in high school, then I switched to other brands, like Herbal Essences (which is still a good one). When they launched their new formulas and packaging, I tried a sample and was hooked again! The flat to volume shampoo and conditioner for fine hair feels like it was made for my tresses. It looks so healthy and shiny. My favorite part - my hair retains the fragrance long after I have blow dried and styled. I like having good smelling hair. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!