Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday Morning Quiche, with Ham, Cheese, Broccoli and Mushrooms


Quiche is one of my favorite breakfast foods. I have made quiche a variety of ways, with different ingredients. This time, I was craving one with ham, cheese, broccoli and mushrooms. I looked up recipes online, then customized my own recipe to make this beautiful breakfast pie. You can swap out ingredients or use more or less of something if you like. My husband rated this one a 7 out out of 10 stars, and said it would be one worth making again. Good to know. It was delicious. The leftovers are good too.

Ingredients:
3-4 Eggs, beaten (I like my quiche on the "eggy" side,  so I used 4 eggs)
9 oz Shredded Cheese (cheddar, Swiss, or a mix of both)
1/2 cup Bisquick Baking Mix
Half of a small Onion, diced
1 cup Milk
3/4 cup Ham, Diced
4 oz Mushrooms, sliced
1/2 - 3/4 cup Broccoli Florettes, chopped into small pieces
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until blended. Pour mixture into deep dish pie plate, that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Press everything down into pie plate to evenly distribute. Bake for 30 minutes, or until top has browned and center is not liquid. It will still be slightly jiggly. Let rest 10 - 15 minutes before serving.

This is what it looks like about to go into the oven. 


This is how it looks 30 minutes later, coming out of the oven.


And this is how it looks on my plate, about to be eaten. Mmmm.......


If you like, you can sprinkle a little more cheese on top while it's still hot to melt it. This is a great breakfast or brunch recipe. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!