Friday, August 27, 2010

Family Staycation


I feel like I haven't posted in ages! I have a very good reason though. My Mom and Dad are vising from Arizona, and we have been enjoying a lot of summer family time. I am taking a bit of a hiatus, but don't fear, I have not forgotten you! I have been taking lots of photos. Above is a group shot of us when my Uncle Bob from Phoenix also came to visit (minus my working husband). It can be a bit of a challenge to get a good group photo. This one turned out pretty good, considering the number of takes. I got everyone to smile, except for my soon-to-be-high-school-freshman nephew. Apparently this is the "cool pose."

We ate lunch at one of our favorite burger places, Bill Grays. I really like this photo of my sister and my niece.


But the rest of the photo tells a different story.


This is a funny example of the "challenge" of getting a group photo with everyone looking at the camera AND smiling. Look at the camera Dad. Smile. For real. 


Try again. Ok, no bunny ears. Look at the camera.


I give up.


I did get some good ones though. Someone had a very drippy ice cream cone...


My Mom and her granddaughter Emma.


Emma and her big brother Elijah. I got them both smiling and not fighting!


It was such a beautiful day, as we walked along the bay.



I spotted a butterfly that stopped to rest. Thanks to Alex's Canon (I am loving this thing), I was able to capture it from a few feet away. 


My Mom and Dad have been married for 43 years! This picture makes me smile.

We also got together for dinner with some very dear friends. Now this is a great group photo! So many of the people that I love and hold dear to my heart.


My Mom and Dad.


My sweetie and I.


One of my best friends since childhood, Jen, her husband Jason and their little girl Jennalyn. They are soon to be a family of four. I can't wait to meet their new little one!


Dinner was followed by the most amazing spread of desserts. I know some extraordinary bakers!


We are having a great time.


More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!