Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Family Vacation in Hazleton, Pennsylvania


We got to enjoy another relaxing beach and time with our family, in Hazleton, PA (near the Pocono's). Sun? Check. Sand? Check. Lake? Check. Great memories and lots of fun? Check!


We stayed once again in the Vandegrift house, a great location with accommodations that make you feel right at home.


One of the best parts was spending time with our nieces who live in Ohio (who are growing up far too fast).


We didn't waste any time, and headed to the beach as much as possible.


There were sand castles to build...

 

Water to cool off in.



Sun to soak up.

Doesn't my beautiful sister-in-law look like a celebrity? I especially like the reflection of the beach in her shades.


My brother-in-law, the best board game instructor and score keeper. Who wants to play RAGE?

 

My amazing (ridiculously young-looking) in-laws.

My mother-in-law swam across the lake and back! That's right.


Andrew and I, working on our tans. With Wegmans brand sunscreen of course.


No day at the beach would be complete without some accessories. 


We also had the company of some ducks.


And deer in the backyard. Also known as "horsey" to Morgan.


The woods were beautiful and serene. We enjoyed taking walks in the evening.


One walk, however, was not so enjoyable. This photo cracks me up! A sister kidnapping...


I couldn't get enough of these smiles.


Look at those eyes. I used some Photoshop actions to really bring out the green. Got milk?


There he is. The one I love. With his cute weekend scruffiness.


The gangs (not) all here. But, still a favorite family shot. I'll have to Photoshop in the missing later.

David and his girlfriend Alex (the ones who are missing) were kind enough to let us borrow their professional-grade cameras. That's why my photos are kicked up a notch. I fell in love with Alex's Cannon. I don't know the exact model, but I do know it has a serious zoom lens.

Zoom lens + amateur-photo-taking-lover = happiness. You may not get this back.


So thankful for family and times like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!