Monday, August 12, 2013

Peanut Butter Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Oat Bars

I made my own soft oat bars for the first time. I tried to keep them on the healthier side, based on this recipe. Making them was very simple and I actually had all of the ingredients already. You can add whatever type of nuts or add-on's that you like. I usually keep a few store bought bars on hand for a snack or even breakfast, but at $1+ a pop, making them at home costs much less. They aren't as sweet, because there's no added sugar (which is kind of the point). Give them a try. I've already had two today, and I'd like a third! 

Ingredients:
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used Organic, unsweetened)
1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
1/4 cup shredded coconut (plus extra to sprinkle on top)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup of old fashioned oats

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350
1. Mash the bananas in a bowl. Stir in the rest of ingredients and combine well.
2. Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper (it helps to grease the pan a bit to get the parchment to stick to it.) Then spread the batter into an even layer with a spatula.
3. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
4. Allow to cool completely before cutting into slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!