Saturday, July 13, 2013

One Mean Quiche

I like to make quiche for breakfast on Saturdays. Today's recipe was probably the best one I've ever made. I had a couple of unusual ingredients on hand, so I made a few adjustments, which turned out to be especially delicious. I even used my scalloped "tart" pan, which baked wonderfully and made a beautiful "crust" edge. You can find my regular favorite quiche recipes here and here. But if you want to kick it up a notch, here's what I did.

Ingredients: 
5 eggs
1 cup of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup 1% milk
1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup diced ham
1 cup baby spinach (rough chop)
3/4 cup chopped broccoli floretts 
1/4 cup leaks diced and sauteed in a little olive oil for a couple minutes to soften (you could use onions instead)
salt and pepper to taste



Directions: 
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Whisk together eggs, both milks, Bisquick, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, toss together cheese, ham, spinach, broccoli and leaks. Spread tossed ingredients into the bottom of a greased (sprayed with cooking spray) 11 inch tart/flan pan (or large deep dish pie plate). Pour liquid into pan and distribute evenly, pressing vegetables down. Bake for 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!