Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter, or as I think of it, Happy Resurrection Day! It's not about bunnies, chicks, eggs or candy. It's about Jesus Christ and the sacrifice He made for us, when he died on the cross for our sin, and rose from the dead, offering us the undeserved gift of salvation.

Amazing love, how can it be
That you my king would die for me
Amazing love, I know it's true
It's my joy to honor you
I'm forgiven, because you were forsaken
I'm accepted, you were condemned
I'm alive and well, you're spirit is within me
Because you died and rose again
-Amazing Love, Hillsong 

Christ is risen from the dead
Trampling over death by death
Come awake, come awake
Come and rise up from the grave
Christ is risen from the dead
We are one with Him again
Come awake, come awake
Come and rise up from the grave
O death, where is your sting?
O hell, where is your victory?
O church, come stand in the light
Our God is not dead, He's alive, He's alive!
- Christ Has Risen, Matt Maher

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 16:6

My prayer is that you too, would accept the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for you, when he died on the cross and rose from the dead, conquering sin and death, once and for all. Salvation is available to anyone and everyone.

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Romans 10:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!