Wednesday, February 29, 2012

DIY Simmering Potpourri

I don't know if anyone else will find this useful, but I like my house to smell pretty. I have a thing with scents and my nose is very scent-oriented. I can smell stink a mile away! An alternative to lighting candles or plugging in home fragrances is mixing up your own quick simmering potpourri on the stove. All you need is a small saucepan, water, and herbs, citrus or fragrant ingredients of choice.

I like to use cinnamon sticks and rosemary. You can simmer lemons, basil, thyme, whatever ingredients you have that create a nice aroma. It will smell like something delicious is cooking on the stove and fill your house with a lovey scent.

Heat on your stove top on LOW and add water as needed. When you're done, pour it into a mason jar and store it in the fridge to reuse another time or two. It's a nice way to use up extra herbs you might have lying around. And, since it's made from natural ingredients, you don't have to worry about weird oils lingering in your pots and pans after your done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!