Saturday, February 27, 2010

O Garden Where Art Thou?



There is a lot of snow outside my window right now. Everything is laden with white and it's snowing as I type. Yesterday we were in the midst of a "winter storm warning". Schools were closed. Roads were slick. Boots, hats, gloves and shovels were in high order. Our neighbor so kindly helped us snow-blow our piled-high driveway. What a blessing that was!

 

Tomorrow is the last day of February. I welcome in March, because March brings the first day of Spring (which also happens to be my birthday). I always look forward to the first crocus and daffodil that poke their heads out of the thawed earth. 

But all this white snow has me missing and longing for green. Green grass. Green leaves. Green buds and flower stems. On this snowy winter February day, I want to take a walk through my garden, in full bloom seven months ago. Remembering the beauty of the seasons that were, and the seasons to come.


Brilliant geraniums.

Delicate poppies.

 
  
  
  

The fragrance of a beautiful rose. Hello ant.



Stunning pink, blue and purple hydrangea.

  

My Dad always grew these in our yard.



The taste of fresh basil.

I know the snow will eventually melt and spring will come. Just as it does every year. Grass will grow. Trees will burst with new leaves. Flowers will bloom. God is faithful in every season. No matter the weather conditions.

The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever. Isaiah 40:8

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. I am SO ready for Spring. I told my husband the other day that I can't take anymore of this cold weather!! I get major cabin fever this time of year. Thanks for a walk through your garden :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!