Saturday, November 8, 2014

Mirbeau Inn and Spa, Babymoon

We've had a really beautiful autumn this year. The weather seemed to stay warmer longer and the color of the leaves changing to brilliant reds and golds was gorgeous.

Andrew and I decided to take a spontaneous "babymoon" getaway in mid October (a babymoon is a mini honeymoon type getaway that couples take before a baby's arrival. Isn't that a fun idea?). I've had many recommendations for Mirbeau Inn and Spa, located in Skaneateles, NY (pronounced "skinny-atlas"), and I've been wanting to go there. We took advantage of their fall season weekday special and hit the road for some relaxation. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day, absolutely lovey accommodations and such a picturesque setting.  


We stayed in one of second floor cottages with a view of the gardens and pond. It really does look and feel like Monet's Garden of Giverny painting, right down to the lily pads and iconic bridge. 




The night we arrived, we ate dinner in town at Doug's Fish Fry, a great little place that was also recommended to us. It was probably the best fish fry I've ever had. No exaggeration. The next day, we enjoyed our complimentary breakfast in the dining room, then walked around and took photos, testing out our new camera, admiring the views. The buildings and surrounding landscape are so pretty!


Andrew treated me to a facial at the spa. Heavenly. Absolutely heavenly. I also enjoyed lounging in the quiet room, dipping my feet in the warm foot pool, relaxing by the fire, sipping fruit infused water, and trying not to fall asleep on a lounge chair - and I can't forget the comfy robes! I wish I could escape there every weekend. It was just what I needed.


If you're ever near Skaneateles and you're looking for a beautiful place to get away and recharge, I recommend Mirbeau Inn and Spa. Our room was beautiful (and the bathroom was quite luxurious). They even had chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us upon our arrival in celebration of our babymoon. How sweet is that? You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!