Sunday, June 8, 2014

Felt Baby Shoes


I made the cutest little pair baby shoes out of felt and embroidery string. Aren't they darling? They look like mini moccasins. I found a great step-by-step tutorial with a template here. They are hand stitched and are pretty quick to make, once you get the hang of it. The trickiest part was adding a small strip of elastic on the inside, to help keep them on little feet. 


I added a ribbon for putting them on and buttons on the back. 


You could make any color combination, for a boy or girl. 


I made these for sweet little Oliver. I died when Hilary sent me this photo of Oliver wearing them for the first time. Too. Cute. They may be a little big, but he has time to grow into them. 


Now Chancho wants a pair. Make that two pairs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!