Monday, January 21, 2013

Remembering Kay

Kay, a dear friend and very special lady, went home to be with the Lord, on January 17th. She was a close friend of my family, and really was family to us. For years and years, I saw her every Sunday at church. Kay watched me grow up. She was at our wedding. Her beauty shone from the inside out. She was always put together and her hair and makeup always done. She had a kind word and a smile for everyone. Above all, she loved the Lord with all her heart.

I saw Kay this past December at a Christmas play. I didn't realize that would be the last time I got to hug her hello. I wish I had stayed and talked with her longer. Her health deteriorated rapidly after that. I saw her one last time, hours before she passed away at the hospital. I am comforted in knowing that she's in Heaven, in the glorious presence of our God, with a new body. No more pain or suffering. 

We will certainly miss you, Kay. I know we will see you again, and walk those streets of gold. My heart and my prayers are with your family. We love you Tom and Dee, Joanne and Dave, Mark and Dee, Lisa and Matt. Your Mom/Grandma was a very special lady and I'm so blessed to have known her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!